The Senior Manager / Associate Director of IT Engineering & Operations (E&O) is a hands-on technical/management role reporting to the IT Director of Infrastructure and Operations. The Senior Manager / Associate Director is responsible for managing and support of current Infrastructure technologies. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience and skills, demonstrated project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure management. This individual will work closely with the IT management team and business units to implement effective solutions aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Effectively manage a matrixed team, including full-time employees, consultants and solution vendors.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and management of environment is in place leveraging internal resources or external service providers.
- Ensure proactive management introduced and implemented for all IT systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of technology platforms for delivering the company's services.
- Develop system patching and lifecycle management methodology across technical disciplines.
- Develop and implement solid, scalable and flexible infrastructure solutions.
- Continual maturing of environmental activities through process automation where applicable.
- Participate in the development of project management processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly for the infrastructure landscape.
- Be a leader helping to drive the Boston Biomedical IT vision and a key contributor delivering the Boston Biomedical IT Strategy.
- Support a growing portfolio of cloud based and on-premise IT services which include, collaboration systems, security services, file/print and other enterprise platforms as required.
- Develop IT operations procedures that will be used to govern day-to-day operations and comply with both GxP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Management.
- Minimum of 10 years working in IT and 5 or more years in a progressive leadership position.
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT infrastructure engineering groups in complex and dynamic environments.
- Good understanding of GxP and SOX requirements.
- Ability to function effectively under minimal supervision and to independently develop solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of being flexible in an environment with changing priorities, processes and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in both planning and successful execution roles in complex environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies.
- Strong understanding of both cloud and on-premise infrastructure and platforms, which includes but is not limited to the following: Office 365, Okta, Veeva, Cisco, VMware, Azure, AWS, and MDM platform.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer