The role of Director of Market Research and Insights is to design and execute primary and secondary market research that spans multiple products and indication for the Commercial organization. This person will work closely with marketing and analytics to design strategic and tactical research plans to address business questions, inform strategy development and support portfolio planning. Responsibilities include planning and management of primary market research studies, integration of secondary data, tracking competitive landscape and presenting insights to cross-functional teams and senior management. of Drug Safety & Pharmacovigilance regarding any medical or compliance issues.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Head of Business Intelligence and Commercial Operations
- Design and execute primary qualitative and quantitative market research projects, including defining the research objectives, framing critical business questions, developing market research approach, managing the study through vendors or internally, analyzing data, preparing presentations and communicating results.
- Develop and deploy advanced methodologies and analytic tools and capabilities which reflect best practices.
- Contribute to the development of competitive intelligence activities including landscape tracking and congress CI strategy.
- Understand, synthesize and integrate secondary data to create full therapeutic area insights.
- Quickly become an expert in relevant therapeutic areas, related commercial products, and assets in development to ensure accurate data interpretation and become a trusted strategic partner to key internal stakeholders.
- Synthesize research findings to inform pre-launch marketing strategies and portfolio planning
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of integrated market research plan for oncology franchise.
- Ensure cross functional communication and alignment to maximize impact of insights on business strategy.
- Process, mine and analyze primary data sets for value-add insights.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in market research in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in designing and executing a variety of market research studies, both new market entry and in-line products, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong understanding of market research techniques and gathering competitive intelligence with secondary research.
- Experience in managing vendors with the ability to work independently on most aspects of primary market research projects.
- Experience with SPSS and complex data analysis.
Hands-on, inquisitive, anticipatory, precise, objective, knows when enough market research has been done to inform a decision. Proactive and results-oriented. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org