The Director / Senior Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) is a hands-on technical/management role reporting to the Head of IT. The Director / Senior Director is responsible for managing current and future Infrastructure technologies and their development to support company growth. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience and skills, demonstrated project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure management. This individual will work closely with the IT management team and business units to implement effective solutions aligned with the company’s objectives.
- In partnership with both IT and business leadership teams, identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles
- Identify technology trends and the competitive landscape to assess opportunities to leverage technology advancements
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company's services.
- Develop the roadmap through the design and deployment of timely infrastructure to power business goals and applications
- Participate in the development of project management processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly for the infrastructure landscape
- Effectively manage a matrixed team, including full-time employees, consultants and solution vendors
- Develop Infrastructure strategy and maintain Infrastructure roadmap of business solutions, operations, and architecture
- Manage a growing portfolio of cloud based and on-premise IT services which include, collaboration systems, security services, file/print and other enterprise platforms as required
- Effectively manage IT service desk function and expand this capability to meet the needs of a growing biotech company with a remote field force
- Develop IT operations procedures that will be used to govern day-to-day operations and comply with both GxP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Manage and implement IT security infrastructure and maintain/administer IT security program
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or management
- Minimum of 10 -15 years working in an IT and 5 or more years in a progressive leadership position.
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT infrastructure engineering groups in complex and dynamic environments
- Good understanding of GxP and SOX requirements.
- Ability to function effectively under minimal supervision and to independently develop solutions to moderately complex problems
- Excellent understanding of the importance of being flexible in an environment with changing priorities, processes and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in both planning and successful execution roles in complex environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior business leaders
- Strong understanding of both cloud and on-premise infrastructure and platforms, which include but are not limited to the following: Office 365, Okta, Veeva, Cisco, Service-now, VMware, Azure, AWS, and MDM platforms.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to email@example.com