Boston Biomedical, Inc.’s Human Resources team seeks a talented, hands on, creative, detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter to join its Cambridge, MA based growing and dynamic organization. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for delivering a diverse set of HR operational services to the company’s local and field-based employees in a manner that promotes operational excellence and strong employee engagement. With outstanding performance, this position offers the potential for considerable growth as the company continues to scale its operations to prepare for the advancement of its lead assets.
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Director, Human Resources
- Supports the HR department in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of human resource policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the company’s Shared Services affiliate (i.e. Benefits, HRIS, Compensation, Payroll, etc.)
- Coordinates with internal HR & Administration and other relevant colleagues to facilitate a positive and efficient onboarding and offboarding employee experience; ensures that activities & processes comply to all applicable requirements.
- Responsible for overall data integrity of employment records. Partnering with HRIS, you will facilitate regular audits to ensure employee records are complete, executed and filed accurately.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to ensure employment documents (i.e. resumes) are current and will lead projects to ensure employees have executed the most current versions.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO 1 report and maintains other records, reports and logs to adhere with compliance regulations.
- Maintains human resource information system records in Workday HCM and related payroll process materials.
- Completes I-9 verifications, E-Verify process, and supports the immigration application process.
- Manages programs around maintaining employee background checks. Coordinates with internal staff and external vendors to ensure we comply with appropriate background check requirements and standards. Responsible for representing HR in periodic background check audits and propose new contractual requirements relating to employee background screenings. Serves as the main point of contact for escalations and working with vendors.
- Performs budget/expense tracking and reporting.
- Supports and enhances the New Employee orientation program.
- Coordinates and processes new hire orientation, leaves of absence, employee separations, and status changes in partnership with Shared Services unit.
- Stays abreast of and maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Supports internal/external audit processes on matters pertaining to HR.
- Provides local administrative support for all expatriate/inpatriate personnel movements.
- Manages the company’s learning/development system (i.e., LITMOS) for corporate policies; runs reports and conducts follow up reminders to ensure employees and contractors comply with corporate policy training requirements.
- Develops and delivers reports on key HR metrics such as attrition, retention, employee engagement, rewards and recognition activities.
- Provides support to senior HR & Administration colleagues as needed (i.e., Ad hoc projects, travel & expenses, calendar management, etc.)
- Liaises with other US based oncology affiliates on HR operational matters as directed and where appropriate provides support as needed.
- Facilitates full contracting process for all HR related contracts, including search firm agreements, MSA, SOW, Purchase Orders, etc.
- Works with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) colleagues to support the development and maintenance of annual headcount and Master Resource Plan.
- Prepares routine and ad hoc HR reports as needed.
- Establishes and promotes productive working partnerships with parent and other affiliate resources as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years in Human Resources required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, and HRIS (Workday experience strongly preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create, facilitate, and deliver formal presentations appropriate for audiences of all levels.
- Effective in operating in a collaborative, dynamic environment. Global (Japanese) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and practices as well as current state and federal labor and employment laws.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills. Ability to resolve, manage, and communicate complex issues to all levels.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; escalates issues appropriately.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, a detail oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Experience working with internal and external vendors and auditors.
Behavioral Competencies Required
- Detail oriented, uber multi-tasker, engaging presence, able to modulate approach to fit situation, adaptive and nimble.
- Intellectually curious and able to see larger picture.
- Self-starter: sets ambitious goals and standards.
- Confidentiality: maintains discretion and can be trusted with sensitive information.
- Judgment: acts professionally and demonstrates sound judgment at all times.
- Learning Agility: a relentless and versatile learner open to change - learns quickly when facing new problems, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Problem solving: uses rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and is focused on best outcomes.
- Change orientation: works effectively in the face of ambiguity, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, acts as a change agent.
- Customer focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships, maintains trust and respect.
- Interpersonal savviness: relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport, uses diplomacy and tact, diffuses even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org