Lead and oversee the finance and accounting functions for Boston Biomedical, Inc. and ensure policies/systems and practices align to parent company requirements.
Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure that the company has a strong financial infrastructure and internal controls required to support continued growth.
- Establish effective financial planning, analysis and measurement techniques, and oversees the development of business plans, sales forecasts and budgets
- Assist in performing corporate strategic planning, including both short-term and long-term analysis
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of the business’s financial management strategies and implements steps to improve them
- Provide analysis of complex situations, preparation of formal presentations, and presentations to parent company or other affiliates, company’s senior management and Board of Directors
- Oversee all aspects of cash flow, cost allocation, budgeting, financial statements, consolidations, and financial modeling and analysis
- Manage overall accounting structure, methods, systems, operating procedures and IFRS requirements.
- Manage the audit process, including maintaining relationships with auditors and external advisors.
- Oversee tax strategy and implementation, including optimizing legal and capital structures, as well as filing all tax returns in concert with parent and other affiliates
- Play a key role in long-term strategic and financial planning, as well as meaningful capital allocation decisions
- Lead activities to ensure accurate financial forecasts and timeliness that align with business and parent needs
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial transactions and measurement
- Oversee payables and receivables calculation and management
- Identify and implement opportunities for expense management and other cost saving initiatives
- Assist in identifying business opportunities and providing strategic assessments for senior executive management
- Respond to reports issued by external auditors or internal auditors including the implementation of recommendations, as appropriate in concert with parent company and/or affiliates
- Oversee tax affairs of the company including tax planning and compliance in close partnership with parent company and other designated affiliates
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Assist leadership in managing the fiscal discipline of their functions
- Hire, train, manage and develop department staff which includes conducting performance reviews and addressing department concerns
- Comply with all parent company and affiliates financial reporting & controls standards
- Liaise effectively with parent company and other subsidiaries to ensure that Boston Biomedical’s finance and accounting activities and reporting are aligned with parent company guidance and direction, while promoting a highly collaborative operating culture.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- 10+ years management/leadership experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in managing finance/accounting/FP&A functions
- Experience in life science industry preferably mix of large and small company environments
- Must possess demonstrated decision-making ability, experience in managing budgets and proven resource management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of technical, organizational and project management skills and knowledge of business management practices
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze problems, set objectives and develop effective solutions
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to email@example.com