Boston Biomedical is grounded in sound science and clinical experience. Learn more about our ongoing initiatives from the publications, abstracts and presentations below. This listing will be updated as new data and findings are available.
- Bioactivation of Napabucasin Triggers Reactive Oxygen Species-mediated Cancer Cell Death
Froeling FEM, Mosur Swamynathan M, Deschênes A, et al.
This preclinical study investigates the activity of napabucasin.
- Evaluation of Tumor Cell–Tumor Microenvironment Component Interactions as Potential Predictors of Patient Response to Napabucasin
Chang A-Y, Hsu E, Patel J, et al.
This preclinical study investigates the relationship between expression of the antioxidant enzyme NQO1 in cancer cells and the phosphorylation of STAT3 in tumor cells and the tumor microenvironment.
- Overview of Cancer Stem Cells and Stemness for Community Oncologists
Lathia JD, Liu H.
In this review, the authors discuss the role of CSCs and stemness pathways in cancer treatment and how they relate to clinical observations.
- Napabucasin: An Update on the First-in-Class Stemness Inhibitor
Hubbard JM, Grothey A.
This review describes the clinical development program of this first-in-class cancer stemness inhibitor, including preclinical discovery, early clinical trials, current phase III clinical trial evaluation, and future therapeutic combinations.
Recent Abstracts and Presentations
2018 ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer, Barcelona, Spain
- CanStem 303C trial: A Phase 3 Study of Napabucasin (NAPA) in Combination With 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU), Leucovorin, and Irinotecan (FOLFIRI) in Adult Patients (pts) With Previously Treated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)
- CanStem 111P trial: A Phase 3 Study of Napabucasin (NAPA) plus nab-Paclitaxel (nPTX) with Gemcitabine (Gem) in Adult Patients With Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma (mPDAC)
2018 ASCO Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL
- A randomized, multicenter phase 2 study of DSP-7888 dosing emulsion in combination with bevacizumab (Bev) versus Bev alone in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma. (Abstract)
- Phase 1b/2 trial of cancer stemness inhibitor napabucasin (NAP) + nab-paclitaxel (nPTX) and gemcitabine (Gem) in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma (mPDAC). (Abstract)
- The BRIGHTER Trial: A phase 3 randomized double-blind study of napabucasin (NAPA) plus paclitaxel (PTX) versus placebo (PBO) plus PTX in patients (pts) with pretreated advanced gastric and gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma. (Abstract)
- A phase 1b study of napabucasin (NAPA) + weekly paclitaxel (PTX) in patients (pts) with advanced thymoma and thymic carcinoma. (Abstract)
2017 ESMO Congress, Barcelona, Spain
- CanStem 303C Trial: A Phase III Study of Napabucasin in Combination with 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU), Leucovorin, Irinotecan (FOLFIRI) in Adult Patients with Previously Treated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC).
- CanStem 111P Trial: A Phase III Study of Napabucasin plus nab-Paclitaxel (nab-PTX) with Gemcitabine (gem) in Adult Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma (mPDAC).
- Phase IB/II Study of Cancer Stemness Inhibitor Napabucasin in Combination with FOLFIRI +/- Bevacizumab (bev) in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) Patients (pts).
- A Phase IB/II Study of Cancer Stemness Inhibitor Napabucasin in Combination with Gemcitabine (gem) & Nab-Paclitaxel (nabPTX) in Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma (mPDAC) Patients (pts).